Friday, October 10, 2008

KILLARNEY in brief

Most people who read my blog will have already seen my reports on the forum at...

Laddies Forum

For those that haven't read it, my tournament can be pretty much summed up by one hand that would have put me top 20 from 860 initial starters. Luckily, the Lizardcam was on hand to record it as I am sure many are quite disbelieving at the horrendous luck I get at the hands of KK. On this occasion, I decided not to push pre-flop as this gives any AK type hand 5 cards to hit his ace. I really don't think it could have been played any better...

KK again!

Overall, the Killarney experience was absolutely fantastic. The location was superb, the events were superb, the hospitality of both the locals and Ladbrokes personnel was as expected... superb. And of course meeting up with old and new friends was as usual the best choice of holiday by far.

For a little idea of the locality, here are a couple of clips from the area...

Outside the hotels

The second lake

Back in the land of the living, I returned with a congratulatory message from Strummer to tell me I have been promoted to a new mentor - Manuel. As he is Strummer's mentor I am of course highly honoured and hopefully this is the next step to the dizzy heights I am aiming for. I don't feel that I am ready yet, but with the top man as mentor, surely I am at least on the correct ladder, albeit the lowest rung. Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home